Generac Power Systems, a leading manufacturer of portable and home backup generator solutions, wants to hear from its customers. Consumers can now review products, ask and answer questions, and buy parts and accessories online on Generac’s website at www.generac.com. It’s all part of Generac’s Customer 1st philosophy, which focuses on delivering a superior ownership experience to customers.
Visitors to www.generac.com can now rate Generac home backup generators (7 – 60kW), portable and inverter generators, and power washers using a five-star rating system. They can also rate product reliability and ease of use, and write reviews. Ratings and reviews are visible to anyone looking at the product pages.
“Many of our retail and e-commerce partners already let consumers rate and review Generac products on their websites,” says Laura Derpinghaus, director of marketing, Generac. “Now we’re able to facilitate these conversations on our own website to help consumers make an informed buying decision.”
Consumers also have the opportunity to ask questions of the Generac community. Other consumers as well as Generac’s customer support team are there with the answers.
Finally, consumers can buy Generac home backup generator maintenance kits and accessories directly from www.generac.com. Portable generator accessories are planned to be available later in 2011.
All of the content created on www.generac.com is also available on the websites of Generac’s retail and e-commerce partners, and other websites across the industry. Consumers are encouraged to share their reviews on Facebook and Twitter.
- Consumer reviews are significantly more trusted—nearly 12 times more—than descriptions that come from manufacturers, according to a survey of US mom Internet users by online video review site EXPO. (eMarketer, February 2010)
- When making purchase decisions, North American Internet users trust recommendations from people they know and opinions posted by unknown consumers online more than advertisements on television, on the radio, in magazines and newspapers, or in other traditional media. (Nielsen Online, April 2009)
- Some 70% of Americans say they consult product reviews or consumer ratings before making a purchase, according to an October 2008 survey by Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates, a research and consulting firm. (Business Week, October 2009)
- Forrester Research reported that 77% of consumers expect manufacturer websites to have the best product information, and 75% said they should be useful for post-sale information, as well.
- Three out of four customers calling Generac for parts and accessories information have stated they would be willing to buy their parts directly from Generac at www.generac.com.