Commercial II Training
Liquid-Cooled Gaseous Commercial Product - 150 kW & below.
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m. Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Class ends at noon on Friday
Satisfactory completion of Generac's Commercial I Training course required.
Laptop Required – with latest version of GenLink DCP installed, Serial Cable (PN0F7707) required with Serial/USB adapter if required for your laptop. If you have already received the Level 1 service Dongle please bring it with you to class.
Nightly homework and exercises.
|Commercial II Course Field
|CO2D041913||Apr 15 - 19, 2013||Norcross, GA||CLOSED|
|CO2D041813||Apr 15 - 19, 2013||Mississauga, ON||CLOSED|
|042613CO2D||Apr 22 - 26, 2013||Zeeland, MI||CLOSED|
|CO042613D2||Apr 22 - 26, 2013||Birmingham, AL||CLOSED|
|CO2D050313||Apr 29 - May 03, 2013||Owings, MD||CLOSED|
|CO052413D2||May 20 - 24, 2013||Birmingham, AL||Registration Information|
|060713CO2D||Jun 03 - 07, 2013||Zeeland, MI||CLOSED|
|CO2D061413||Jun 10 - 14, 2013||Evansville, IN||Registration Information|
|CO2D062113||Jun 17 - 21, 2013||Raleigh, NC||CLOSED|
|CO2D062813||Jun 24 - 28, 2013||Des Moines, IA||Registration Information|
|CO2D062713||Jun 24 - 28, 2013||Brookfield, WI||Registration Information|
- Electrical Safety
- Electrical & Generator Theory
- Fuel System - Natural Gas, Liquid Propane - Vapor / Liquid
- Ignition Systems
- Transfer Switch Fundamentals - HTS, GTS Style and Associated Controls
- Remote Annunciators / Remote Relay Panel / HUIO Modules
- GenLink DCP Fundamentals *see course prerequisite
- Hands-on Adjustments and Calibrations and Troubleshooting:
- Generator Controllers - H Control Panels, Nexus Control Panels
- Transfer Switch Controllers - GTS & HTS Control Switches
- Maintenance - Time Frames, Parts, Contracts
- Start-Up Inspection and Forms - Perform a "walk through" start-up and fill out the appropriate forms
- Placement - Distance, Safety, Noise, Etc.
- Fuel - Proper Volume, Pressure, Piping, Etc.
- Wiring - Control, Output, Remote Panels, Battery Charger, Block Heater, Options
- Non-Linear Loads - The effects of non-linear loads and how to size the unit accordingly
- Motor Loads - The effects of "motor starting", "locked rotor amps", "SKVA" and how to size the unit to deal with this
- Warranty - Policies & Procedures, how to properly fill out a claim, what needs a control number?
- Parts - How to use GENservice Web Access, where to get your parts, Scheduled Maintenance Kits
- Use of Schematics & Wiring Diagrams
Fees include instruction, program materials and lunch.
No polyester clothing, all cotton clothing required. No shorts, tank tops or open-toed shoes allowed. No cell phones or pagers during class hours.