When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:
- Prior to providing a review, refer to a product’s documentation to ensure that unit is being used and maintained properly
- Alluding to issues incurred in the wake of negligent maintenance or improper use will void review submissions
- Focus on your experience with the product and its features
- Provide details about why you liked or disliked a product
- Reviews submitted for products other than those listed will be rejected immediately
- Any product reviews referencing independent authorized dealers, service providers, or retailers by name will NOT be posted. (Dealer reviews can be provided here)
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
- Advertisements, “spam” content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
- Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, product serial numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
- Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
If you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery, or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact us directly.
Enjoy writing your review!
Rated 1 out of
Not American made
Recently I decided to purchase a portable generator to run the refrigerator/freezer in the event of a power outage. I wanted to buy an American made product so I contacted Generac about the GP3000 and was assured by their customer service rep that all Generac products were made, not just “engineered” in the U.S. The Generac website also said the GP3000 had a 3 year warranty. I ordered the unit and received it 2 days ago. The warranty I received with it was only for 2 years and the generator was marked as made in China. Though I am convinced the GP3000 would meet my needs I decided to ship it back since I can buy a Chinese generator cheaper elsewhere.
Date published: 2019-09-02
Rated 5 out of
We needed a generator for our High School Marching Band, especially for the field show competitions which are usually held on football fields. We needed on that was super quiet but capable of over 2000 watts for the sound equipment. It's so quiet that you can't hear it running from the bleachers at all! It doesn't detract from the field show and it has plenty of power! Our high schoolers can start it and move it quickly and easily.
Highly recommend if you want a quiet generator that has more power than some of the others.
Date published: 2018-10-01
Rated 5 out of
I wanted a quiet unit that would power several items while doing BBQ competitions and events. I am very happy about how quiet this unit is and it has more than enough power to run all my equipment. I was also pleased on how easy the pull start was on this unit. I would gladly recommend a GP3000i to anyone looking for an inverter generator.
Date published: 2018-09-07
Rated 5 out of
It runs the RV AC and it's quiet.
The Generac GP3000i is a great little generator. I almost didn’t buy it because I couldn’t find any reviews. I’m glad I did - It’s quiet, light weight, easy to operate, and powerful enough to run the 13,500 BTU A/C unit in my Airstream. I can’t comment on reliability or durability yet, but Generac has a good reputation so, I’m not worried about that.
This is the second generator I bought this summer. The first was a lower cost open frame generator (NOT a Generac) which leaked oil like crazy and was so loud the campers in Shenandoah National Park applauded when it turned off.
In looking for a replacement, I really wanted something quiet and powerful enough to run our RV A/C. So far the Generac meets all my expectations.
Light weight ~ 59lbs. It’s pretty similar to lifting a dumbbell. It can be done with one hand.
Super Quiet – is an accurate description. At 20 feet it’s slightly louder than ambient noise.
Power – it barely surges when starting the Airstream A/C (2-3 second surge) and then normalized almost instantly. It had no trouble running the A/C and everything else in the trailer concurrently (running the microwave at the same time as the A/C is too much).
Easy to start – typically starts in one easy pull.
My only complaint (and this is small) is that I had to buy a RV 30 amp adapter to connect to the Twistlock Outlet. It was ~ $12.
Date published: 2018-08-09
GP3000i is rated