When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:
- Prior to providing a review, refer to a product’s documentation to ensure that unit is being used and maintained properly
- Alluding to issues incurred in the wake of negligent maintenance or improper use will void review submissions
- Focus on your experience with the product and its features
- Provide details about why you liked or disliked a product
- Reviews submitted for products other than those listed will be rejected immediately
- Any product reviews referencing independent authorized dealers, service providers, or retailers by name will NOT be posted. (Dealer reviews can be provided here)
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
- Advertisements, “spam” content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
- Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, product serial numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
- Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
If you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery, or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact us directly.
Enjoy writing your review!
Rated 5 out of
What’s not to like? Electric start, easy to move around, quiet engine and it looks great.
Date published: 2019-02-04
Rated 4 out of
Came with everything needed, was looking at this vs. Westinghouse with remote starter and chose this for availability.
Date published: 2019-01-21
Rated 4 out of
I recommend it.
Overall this is loaded with good features and functions as stated on Generac site. Compared to my previous generator I appreciate that this has an easily accessible spark plug. I'm giving it a 4 rather than 5 because I miss the feature of a gasoline drainage line.
Date published: 2019-01-14
Rated 5 out of
I moved in to a new Home, outside of the “city”, and knew that consistent power would be an issue. I chose generac brand due to their reputation. My power has dropped out twice in 2 weeks. After wiring my portable generator to my home, it has performed flawlessly. I am more than pleased so far! I refuse to let my baby girl be without heat, and this generator supplied it, plus my coffee maker, lights and outlets.
Date published: 2018-11-17
Rated 5 out of
Great performance, noise level is par for the course, powers just about my entire home. previous review complained about the co-sense, I have not had an issue. If you do, I would suggest running a small fan in that covered area to help keep that area ventilated better. Other than that, it works as it should and I see many many years of backup power!
Date published: 2018-11-09
Rated 2 out of
Good initiative, bad judgement
This generator would be absolutely perfect if it did not have the CO SENSE safety feature. I had the generator outside on my porch, which is sheltered, and when there was no breeze the CO SENSE would shut down the generator. If there was a breeze then everything went fine. I was not able to run the generator farther out away from the house due to rain from the hurricane.
I've thought to build a small portable lean to to house the generator the next time, but I think that might be wasting my time since the CO SENSE will probably shut it down anyway. I fail to see how CO SENSE on the actual generator is beneficial to safety. If someone is of minimum intelligence and tried to run this generator indoors, sure, CO SENSE would indeed save their life. For someone who is conscious of the detrimental effects of carbon monoxide to the human lifespan and purposely had his windows on that side of the house closed and had the exhaust pipe pointed out and away from occupied structures/loved ones and chose to place his generator under the shelter of the porch since it was raining, CO SENSE is a huge pain in his backside due to the fact that it is extremely fickle and shut down the generator even when there was no threat to his health.
I contacted customer service and when I asked the rep if it was possible to adjust or disable the CO SENSE he acted like I was nuts and offered me no alternative solution.
Once again, this is a great product with a very not so great at all and unnecessary safety feature that some over educated individual came up with to make him/herself look smart. Nameless individual, you ruined this generator. I was stoked about this thing and you straight up ruined it. Unfortunately it was hurricane Florence that pointed this out to me. Five yard line and you dropped the ball. Way to choke.
Date published: 2018-09-20
GP8000E CO-SENSE? is rated