When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:
- Prior to providing a review, refer to a product’s documentation to ensure that unit is being used and maintained properly
- Alluding to issues incurred in the wake of negligent maintenance or improper use will void review submissions
- Focus on your experience with the product and its features
- Provide details about why you liked or disliked a product
- Reviews submitted for products other than those listed will be rejected immediately
- Any product reviews referencing independent authorized dealers, service providers, or retailers by name will NOT be posted. (Dealer reviews can be provided here)
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
- Advertisements, “spam” content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
- Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, product serial numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
- Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
If you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery, or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact us directly.
Enjoy writing your review!
Rated 4 out of
This is my review on Amazon
I decided on this one because it has a brass horizontal pump. From what I have researched, the pump is the most important part of a washer, and the brass ones last the longest. Furthermore, this one is horizontal, so you don't need to get on your hands and knees to connect the water.
Now..here are my thoughts-
1. Water broom is great..would be fantastic if they included an extension. For us taller people, you are hunched over using it.
2. How about more than 30 feet of pressure washer hose? See my comment about a taller handle for moving.
3. Because everyone pulls on the hose to get a few more inches, I think you should add some reinforcement so nobody breaks the fitting off the pump.
4. The wire hose hanger is stupid, and also the little bag to put the rest of the accessories. Why not include 6 ports on the front so all the tips could be mounted.
5. Need something to step on when starting. I hold down the fuel tank. It starts easily, but something for a toe would be great.
6. Add some sort of shutoff for the soap dispenser. Otherwise I have to pull the hose and have it hanging out if I have soap in the dispenser but not using it.
7. Raise the handle 6 inches or so. Will help with leverage when moving the unit.
Don't get me wrong, I really like this unit..But it could be better..Tried to purchase from my local HD, and they don't seem to carry it anymore.
Date published: 2020-03-23
Rated 1 out of
Generac could not assure purchaser of broken switch on NIB power washer
I called Generac customer service who refused to send replacement part, but instead stated I had to take the brand new product with broken motor switch to an authorized repair dealer which I would not be reimbursed anything for travel expense or personal time. Generac further stated it could not reassure me that I would not be charged for the broken motor switch even though I haven't even used, let alone start, the power washer. This broken motor switch was discovered once I removed the product from the box and added the oil and gas, then attempting to turn the motor switch to the "ON" position which it was broken and fell off in my hand. Generac won't even assure the owner of a defective product even though the product was brand new. Generac should be ashamed...I will no longer but any Generac products. Buyer Beware.
Date published: 2020-03-09
Rated 5 out of
This Pressure Washer is Great for Homeowners
I purchased this pressure washer after my Ryobi pressure 3100PSI died when it vibrated across the pool deck and fell into the pool. I like the Generac 7122 so much better! It's easy to start! I like the features! There is less vibration vs Ryobi. I believe it is the best choice for homeowners. I use this pressure washer at least 2 times a month. Washing my truck and company van with this pressure washer is fast and easy! I recommend this product.
Date published: 2020-02-02
Rated 3 out of
We won't be coming back.
I bought a brand new pressure washer and assembled it out of the box per instructions. It looks great but will not start. I made sure there was gas, spark and air. It has never fired yet after at least 50 pulls.
Date published: 2019-12-17
Rated 2 out of
Thought it was great...until today
Bought the 3200 psi speedwash model direct from Generac April 2018. It was great until today. Reliable, plenty of power. All around great. It's been used a few times to clean concrete around the house and to wash cars and clean gutters. Probably not much more than a dozen times since last April. Today, the rivets that attach the plate the engine is mounted on, attaching it to the frame came off. Yep, that's right. The engine dropped down and the oil dipstick was all that was keeping the engine from laying on the driveway, as it wedged against the frame and supported it's weight. I am in disbelief at how this could even happen. I will be contacting Generac tomorrow to see if they will stand by their defective product. I am extremely upset right now, after researching this product and believing I made a wise decision and bought a product that would last a great many years. How disappointing, considering the last one I bought was a reconditioned Homelite I bought at big lots that literally worked for 20 years, and still does for that matter. I just wanted more power and decided to splurge for a decent one. Fooled me.
Date published: 2019-11-04
Rated 4 out of
FIRST TIME SETUP
The machine seems to work as expected. The wand holder installation instructions were missing but was easy enough to figure out. It seems a little flimsy but time will tell. The hose holder doesn't seem very sturdy either. l did have difficulty when setting up for first use as far as determining the proper amount of oil to add. There was a supplied container of oil and it is clearly stated in the manual the quality and type oil to use but nowhere could I find the proper amount to add. It would be easy to overfill. I have since read the manual again and still don't see the quantity to add anywhere.
Seems to work great. Engine start on the first pull every time so far. The included water broom leaves streaks on concrete surfaces. The instructions suggest if this occurs to slow down your movement. It does this at a snail's pace. I fortunately purchased a 15" surface cleaner (not Generac branded) that works perfectly with this machine.
Satisfied with the purchase and operation of this machine.
Date published: 2019-10-29
Rated 1 out of
Do not buy
Bought this power washer used one time and had trouble with it. Generac warranty service took over 3 months to repair. Am afraid to use it again
Date published: 2019-09-21
Rated 1 out of
Ordered thru the generac website it took around 10 days to receive the machine after putting it together adding oil and gas hooked up water the engine started up ran fine but the pump didn’t spray much more than the garden hose stayed on hold over 3 hrs trying to get customer service never got thru so I just started calling any number I can find for generac I’m still waiting on a response and return label
Date published: 2019-09-06
Speedwash 3200PSI Pressure Washer System 7122 is rated