Generac Wi-Fi enabled home standby generators are now compatible with Alexa. This capability allows for generator integration with the smart home, and provides easy access to real-time generator information using just their voice. This feature can be accessed by Mobile Link users, when they enable the Mobile Link skill from the Amazon Alexa app. When enabled, users can receive up to the minute generator status, dealer information, and local weather, providing peace of mind that they will be protected in the event a power outage. The availability of this new connected feature is yet another example of the many benefits users can unlock when they connect with Mobile Link.
In order to use this skill, existing Mobile Link customers must complete the following steps:
- Download the Amazon Alexa app on their smart device
- Open the app, tap the “More” button, then tap “Skills and Games”
- Tap the magnifying glass search icon, then type “Mobile Link
- Tap “Enable to Use” and sign into their Mobile Link account
To get started, users may say one the following phrases to their Alexa device:
- "Alexa, ask Mobile Link if I'm ready for a power outage."
- Alexa will return the current status of your generator (ready to run, warning, fault, exercising, or disconnected from the internet)
- "Alexa, ask Mobile Link who is my dealer?"
- Alexa will ask if you want to know the name, address, or phone number of the dealer that is associated to a user’s account
- "Alexa, ask mobile Link what is the weather near my generator."
- Alexa will use the generator’s location to check for severe weather alerts and get the current weather information.
- "Alexa, ask Mobile Link for help."
- Alexa will provide an overview of other available options.
Amazon, Echo, Alexa, and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.