Backup Power for the
A Whole House Transfer Switch is for portable generator owners who are interested in home backup power. Whole House switches can provide power to hard-wired loads such as your home’s furnace, water heater, well pump, or lights.
Whole House Transfer Switches include a 200 Amp utility main. Designed to mount on the outside of a house or building next to the utility meter, it connects to the load center, located indoors on the other side of the wall. The Whole House Transfer Switch allows you to feed generator power to your entire load center and manually turn off selected loads up to the capacity of the generator. The transfer switch includes a locking plug for generator cord connection and extra spaces for up to 12 branch circuits to feed other panels like a barn, detached garage, or workshop.
Whole House Transfer Switch Features
Explore Transfer Switches
- Safe: Prevents dangerous back-feeding to avoid injuring utility line workers
- Universal: Compatible with any portable generator with GFCI protected outlets
- Electronic Rocker Switch: Easily switches from utility to generator power with the simple push of a button
- Powers hard-wired circuits: Directly powers hard-wired appliances such as your furnace, well pump and lights
- Easy to maintain and expand: Interchangeable type circuit breakers make it easy to reconfigure, replace or expand circuits in your switch