Weren't able to join us? Live recordings of Generac's webinars are available any time you want.
Generator Controls: Reliability, Code Compliance & Application Fit
Genset controls define the capability of the engine & alternator to meet the application specific needs and provide a simple customer interfacing experience. The engine must have controls that manage engine speed, fuel inlet, and emissions. The alternator must have voltage control. The entire system must be designed for code compliance and maximum reliability while providing monitoring, data logging, remote communication, protection, and predictive maintenance. This webinar will:
- Explain basic diesel and natural gas engine control functions
- Explore the impact that application and code requirements have on genset control
- Quantify the key features of the overall genset controller that maximize generator reliability
- Identify key genset controller features that enhance user interface and monitoring
Understanding Generator Reliability
The reliability of a generator is strongly dependent on the interaction of the following factors: design, testing and operational requirements, operational history, inspections, maintenance and the personnel qualifications of operators. During this 30 minute interactive webinar, we’ll take an advanced look at these key factors and discuss how you can ensure the highest degree of reliability in a system design. Additionally, we will explore strategies for value engineering projects through utilization of the best available technologies and innovations without sacrificing overall power system reliability.
This webinar will also include information on:
- Measures for determination of reliability
- Tools to establish reliability criteria for overall engine-generator power systems
- Analysis and calculation of mean time between failures
Ease the Pain of Generator Sizing
We have your pro - Power Design Pro™. This online tool is the most powerful electrical and mechanical design, and sizing tool on the market. In addition to state of the art generator sizing and analysis, it includes spec sheets, installation drawings, emission information and an exhaust sizer. Power Design Pro™ will help you become a power pro.
You will learn about how to navigate Power Design Pro:
- Harmonic analysis
- Accurate load monitoring
- Load shedding