When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:
- Prior to providing a review, refer to a product’s documentation to ensure that unit is being used and maintained properly
- Alluding to issues incurred in the wake of negligent maintenance or improper use will void review submissions
- Focus on your experience with the product and its features
- Provide details about why you liked or disliked a product
- Reviews submitted for products other than those listed will be rejected immediately
- Any product reviews referencing independent authorized dealers, service providers, or retailers by name will NOT be posted. (Dealer reviews can be provided here)
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
- Advertisements, “spam” content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
- Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, product serial numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
- Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
If you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery, or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact us directly.
Enjoy writing your review!
Rated 5 out of
Had a Guardian 24kw generator installed about 1 yr ago by Ambrose Electric. Installation went very smoothly and has a very acceptable appearance. Initial oil change and service check is simple. Everything is easy to get at. We have had two short term power outages since installation and everything works pefectly. Our house is total electric and we have no problem living normally during outages. Well pump, water heater, clothes dryer and electric heat all operate normally although we do take care to limit burner/oven usage on the stove if the electric heat is in use, for example. The Generac handles it all with no strain.
My one complaint is with the exercise program. It runs for only five minutes under no load. This causes moisture in the air to condense into the oil. Particularly in the winter. I spent 50 yrs as a Diesel and heavy equipment mechanic. Moisture in oil is never acceptable, despite what Generac claims. Originally set to exercise weekly I changed it to monthly and on those days I trip the main breaker to put the unit under load for 30-60 minutes. Unit is exercised and the oil stays moisture free.
All-in-all an excellent unit and it is great not having to get up in the middle of a winter night, or any other time, and go hook up a portable generator.
Date published: 2022-09-08
Rated 5 out of
Great Installation process. Great company to deal with. All set for the next outage due to anything!
Date published: 2022-04-08
26kW-7291 Guardian Home Backup Generator with Whole House Switch WiFi-Enabled is rated