When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:
- Prior to providing a review, refer to a product’s documentation to ensure that unit is being used and maintained properly
- Alluding to issues incurred in the wake of negligent maintenance or improper use will void review submissions
- Focus on your experience with the product and its features
- Provide details about why you liked or disliked a product
- Reviews submitted for products other than those listed will be rejected immediately
- Any product reviews referencing independent authorized dealers, service providers, or retailers by name will NOT be posted. (Dealer reviews can be provided here)
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
- Advertisements, “spam” content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
- Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, product serial numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
- Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
If you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery, or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact us directly.
Enjoy writing your review!
Rated 2 out of
Fan belt blew and generator went out within an mos of installation….
See above! Second generator install in four mos. First generator had an oil leak!!! Had to be replaced under warranty.
Date published: 2023-08-16
Rated 4 out of
Replaced old Generac with a new one
Well initially mixed feelings on my new generator…..after 2 1/2 weeks of battery issues our installers got a technician out who discovered a bad wire connection which apparently occurred during the build of it. It kept draining the battery which our installers replaced twice and finally after some significant trouble shooting the problem was discovered.Glad we did not have any power outages. Hopefully everything will now work like it should.
Would appreciate a Generac company customer service representative contact me to discuss the reason l had to replace my previous 36 KVW one.
Date published: 2023-06-16
Rated 1 out of
Product does not work
New generator contractor cannot make work, it has been 6 weeks since t has been installed after waiting of 11months!!
Contact us button does not work when trying to contact customer service directly . Not sure it was just the generator or the contract, Power house
Date published: 2023-06-04
Rated 5 out of
I would recommend the Generac Generator
I would recommend the Generac Generator. It nice to know that you will have power if the power goes out. The system looks nice.
Date published: 2023-05-24
Rated 3 out of
A few things to consider....
It's a little early to give a full review about the functionality and reliability of the unit since I have not had an outage yet, but here are my initial thoughts:
1. It's big - kind of an eye sore. Had I known how big it was, I would have been a little more thoughtful on where I placed it or maybe had selected a smaller model. PowerOn, (my sales consultant) was not helpful in this respect.
2. It's LOUD. Like, freight train loud. You'd think that Generac would put a muffler on it given its use in a residential setting.
3. It took 12 months to deliver. Yeah, I get the whole supply chain horse hockey we went through. My salesman didn't set a good expectation here and internal Generac support didn't communicate very well. But what really irritated me is everywhere I went (google, social media, et al) there were constant ads and promotions about buying a Generac home protection generator. How about fill your existing orders before you go on a robust marketing push to sell more generators.
4. It takes a ton of fuel to run. I have a 500 gallon propane tank solely dedicated to this unit and I'll be lucky to get 3 days of protection. We will definitely use our appliances sparingly when an outage occurs.
-So that's all I have for now. I don't regret my order and I'm sure I'll be smiling when we have a power outage, but I should have done my due diligence before my purchase - that's totally on me.
Date published: 2022-12-30
Rated 4 out of
OK, so far, have not used it in a operational test. the auto switch is not working
Date published: 2022-10-10
Rated 5 out of
The only company that had a generator large enough and available for our project.
Date published: 2022-09-21
Rated 5 out of
This product has more features than I expected.
The longer it took to receive the generator the larger it got. I was concerned that I oversized it, but when it finally got here, I was pleased. It has more features than I had remembered it coming with. That's a plus. It does just like it's advertised. I highly recommend this generator. It's well worth the money.
Date published: 2022-02-04
36kW-RG036 is rated