When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:
- Prior to providing a review, refer to a product’s documentation to ensure that unit is being used and maintained properly
- Alluding to issues incurred in the wake of negligent maintenance or improper use will void review submissions
- Focus on your experience with the product and its features
- Provide details about why you liked or disliked a product
- Reviews submitted for products other than those listed will be rejected immediately
- Any product reviews referencing independent authorized dealers, service providers, or retailers by name will NOT be posted. (Dealer reviews can be provided here)
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
- Advertisements, “spam” content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
- Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, product serial numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
- Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
If you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery, or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact us directly.
Enjoy writing your review!
Rated 3 out of
Improper Voltage and Frequency
First run under load.
260 volts and 62.4 hertz
I would like the instructions to adjust this.
No service in my area. I would have to drive 80 miles to a shop that may be able to adjust this.
The current fuel prices don't allow me too make two 160 mile trips .
They will not take it back because I have run it. Running it, is the only way I found out it was not outputting proper voltage and frequency.
Does anybody know where to adjust the xd5000E voltage
This obviously was never checked at the factory before it was sent out.
I am capable to do this.
Date published: 2022-09-29
Rated 4 out of
heavy and durable. runs forever
i would like to see someone try to start this with the recoil rope, though. if someone can actually do it they should probably be in the olympics or barnum and bailey's circus
i tried it on fresh fuel and a hot engine ( right after shutting it down ), and there was NO CHANCE of this thing ever starting with the pull cord. keep the battery charged
Date published: 2021-11-12
Rated 4 out of
Good quality. Operates as designed. My only complaint. The yammer diesel is alot louder than expected.
Date published: 2021-02-28
Rated 4 out of
strong runner, love that it runs diesel. fuel tank is large enough to keep it running for a VERY long time, especially at lighter loads.
my only gripe is the pullstart. i would be willing to bet that Paul Bunyan himself would not be able to pull start this generator. Make sure the battery is charged.
Date published: 2021-02-26
Rated 5 out of
Just finished a 10 state tour delivering HighMont Beef to the western states and the Generac XD-5000-E ran perfectly.
We had it in a ventilated stock trailer and fuel consumption was minimal and performance was excellent. I do agree that noise level requires ear protection or a muffler but otherwise this generator did what I hoped it would. It ran four large freezers without fail.
Thank you Generac!
Date published: 2017-08-01
XD5000E - 6864 is rated